Total Newbie please HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurendavidandmax

Reaction score
hubby and I are getting our son a snake for his birthday, he is turning 5 and has been asking for one for as long he could talk, what is the best snake for us to get? what species? Hatchling or older snake? Male or female? PLEASE HELP
thank you
Lauren

A childrens python might be a good start . One of the smallest pythons and generally easy to look after . Where are you located anyway out of curiosity. I have a few ranging from hatchy to sub adult ?

Im not too far from you . I could show you are few i have available that would suit and can give you advice on setup and care etc

Great parents! Most of us were going crazy as youngsters trying to talk our folks into letting us have our first snake, and we all spend a lot of time listening to youngsters asking for advice on how to talk their parents into it. Here you are being genuinely supportive! You have a fortune child.
[doublepost=1573229128,1573229035][/doublepost]Oh, and yep, a Children's Python sounds like an ideal choice in your situation. Personally I'd go for a hatchling but this is more of a personal choice than an absolute good or bad thing.

B886C018-F8B9-4EC7-87C4-9C907ED49D4C.png
Just a little update in case you were interested.... we got him a carpet python, yearling
He is awesome, loves to be handled, very chill he has only tagged our son once when he moved too fast towards his face while hubby was holding him.... we are loving snake parent life lol

Back