Looking for good and cheap substrate...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan Swanson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to get a snake soon for the first time and i'm looking everywhere for a substrate and its all too expensive and not enough. I was thinking mulch, but I'm looking for a mulch that looks good and will not affect the snake in any way badly.
Hope to hear some answers soon...

You sure you looked?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/brunnings-9l-coir-power-coir-peat-brick_p3023170

I’ve used this, USE A TINY BIT OF WATER or you will end up with a soup and it will take a week to dry

If you use a little bit of water it’ll take a day or 2

This stuff expands ALOT, I ended up using like 3/4 of a brick for a 4x2 enclosure

Make sure it’s mostly dried out before putting it in

Better options are newspaper or paper towel or kitty litter paper pellets

If you can find kritter krumble cheap, that can be used straight from the bag

Officeworks butchers paper? 50 sheets for 10 bucks

Depending where you are iv got a tone of coir mulch chips and huff (similar to kritters crumble) that im selling for $20 for 50-60ltrs or $50 for 150-160ltrs. Im in Perth WA

thanks a lot for all the help!
[doublepost=1573646096,1573645303][/doublepost]I was just looking at the product description and it said not organic, is that a problem?

coir_1.jpg coir-back_1.jpg
thanks a lot for all the help!
[doublepost=1573646096,1573645303][/doublepost]I was just looking at the product description and it said not organic, is that a problem?
It needs to have no added fertilizers. The one you want should have a picrure on the side of a leopard gecko. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back