Snake is a little stinky

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badass Snake Mumma

Reaction score
Hi. My NT Carpet Python (yearling) is a little whiffy. Is there a safe way to bathe for cleanliness (not necessarily for shedding assistance)? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm a newbie, please forgive me.

If you really must wash it (I'd just wait for its next slough and find the question strange, but hey, you do you), put it in a tub of water around 28 degrees or wipe it down with a wet cloth. Warm water isn't any more deadly for Carpet Pythons than it is for you.

I'm not very familiar with snakes - so I ask this as a question - not as a statement, but is one of the reasons snakes can get stinky to do with musking?

I ask because if a snake is stinky for no reason (aka, no poop on it, etc) - can that be a sign that something is not right as opposed to it just not being clean, and if so - how would one tell the difference or know whether it's due to anxiety/fear/being uncomfortable vs other factors? (Sorry - not meaning to hijack the thread, just had that as a question and thought it may also be relevant to the OP)

Latest posts

Back