Mouse vs rat size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St3v3

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

What Rat size would be the equivalent to a hopper mouse and also for an adult mouse.?

My local has Weaner Rats that are just marginally larger than an Adult Mouse. I feel if the snake can take an Adult Mouse then the WR would be fine. For a Hopper Mouse equivalent, not 100% sure off the top of my head but if your pet shop/breeder/supplier has a large range you might just need to visibly compare them.
I breed my own now, so I don't really follow the preset weights/sizing too much anymore. Local pet shop is about $17-$18 for a single Jumbo Rat (250g+), not paying that anymore.

If we are comparing common mice a hopper mouse is the size of a large pinky rat and a large fuzzy rat is about the same as an adult mouse but Quackenbush mice are a size larger. I know some people don't agree that it is important but a well developed mouse has a lot more substance and nutrition than a jelly like pinky rat.

Latest posts

Back