Gravid Python questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just a few questions

my python has recently started getting very restless at night aswell as the male, they both cruise the enclosure and explore every inch, is this normal for a gravid bredli who has had her prelay shed just last night?

I am aware bredli are nocturnal, however I was under assumption she would rather be hiding away and nice and comfortable in her box, and worried she might damage the eggs in her

also she isnt using her laybox at all, shes probably gone in about a 1/3 of her body length and straight back out, its a 15L container with about 1-2" of sphagnum moss (not very damp at all, i let it dry out for a day after drowning it, but it kept a very little amount of moisture) should i scratch the lay box and give her her litter box hide back? im a bit concerned of her laying eggs outside of a lay box incase of getting stuck to paper (would that cause issues?

THANKS!

Last edited:
I gave up with boxes, my girls never use them. My het ax girl laid last night, she's been searching all over her enclosure for the last two weeks. I haven't noticed the other girls doing it though.

I gave up with boxes, my girls never use them. My het ax girl laid last night, she's been searching all over her enclosure for the last two weeks. I haven't noticed the other girls doing it though.
awesome, this gives me a little peace of mind

Do you offer anything liek shredded paper ?

and yup, shes been literally going crazy at night going up and over down and under everything she can find, bopping every single inch of enclosure with her nose

I still persist with a lay box even though sometimes they don't lay in their. I find it easier to pull the whole egg box out then tackle the raiding of her eggs rather than trying to pull her of the eggs while in the enclosure.

Latest posts

Back