Cleaning my little boy's ''leavings''

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MouseNo4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So far, in the past couple weeks, my boy has eaten twice. Readily accepted his food without much hesitation. Both in the open and from within his hide.

But i have checked his entire enclosure to clean up his... 'mess' but i am kind of at a loss as to finding any. Of any kind.

To be honest, i cannot even tell if he has done his business at all. I keep removing his hide (near sunset so as to be the least intrusive) and searching his entire enclosure for evidence that he has left a long term deposit. I plan to simply remove him to his full size enclosure, whilst i completely replace his substrate and replace his furniture.

But i am not going to do that until he... does his business.

Some snakes will hold on to their waste for a while, but if you're concerned you could try a warm bath. You can tell if he's holding it by looking for a bulge above the vent.

Plenty of people will be better able to help if you give enough information to let them help you. You haven't even said what age or species we're dealing with. For some species of animals this would mean it's already dead, other species only defecate once every few months. You have only given a vague timeframe with no background/history information.

Just playing the odds I'll guess you have an adult python. It's not at all unusual for an adult python to go two weeks without defecating.

Latest posts

Back