Retained sperm blacksoil dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keento learn tim

Reaction score
Hey guys my first year breeding and I have found several different answers if Blacksoil beardies can retain sperm. My girl laid her first clutch of 15 about 4 weeks ago and now looks like she is holding more and she has started digging and scratching like crazy again. Any help appreciated

Gidday mate, long time keeper and breeder of Blacksoil dragons AKA pygmy beardies AKA downs dragons AKA Pogona henry lawsoni.
Yes they can and will have multiple clutches.My girls have had up to 3 clutches, I am currently on my second, she had 16 each time. Make sure you feed her up and add lots of calcium each time as laying eggs takes a lot out of them. try giving a pinkie mouse, if she doesn't like that offer silkworms or black soldier fly larvae. She will be very very hungry after laying

Last edited:
Thanks dragon I thought that was the case. She ate one pinkie after her lay but doesn't seem to keen on any more I might give the silkworms a go.thanks again

Latest posts

Back