Moving from South Africa to Taz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaqui

Reaction score
I have 4 ball pythons is there anyway that I can bring them with when we immigrate to Tas?

I have 4 ball pythons is there anyway that I can bring them with when we immigrate to Tas?

No. Unfortunately for you...exotics are not permitted in private collections in Australia.

Tasmania doesn't even allow native Australian turtle species from the mainland let alone non native exotics.

Your exotic snakes will have to stay behind ( in Sth Africa ). No ifs , no buts.

Don't even think about trying to sneak them into this country in your luggage or by other means , very large fines / prison time and the animals will be put down on discovery.

Your visa will be cancelled instantly, you WILL BE refused entry to the country when caught so you'd be remanded in Fed Police Custody in a detention centre or prison , then when you have finished your sentence you'd be ordered out of the country never to be allowed to return.

The AFP and Customs take a very dim view of the importation of exotics to this country.

Also ball pythons are a highly invasive species.

Last edited:
Your exotic snakes will have to stay behind ( in Sth Africa ) don't even think about trying to sneak them into this country in your luggage or by other means , very large fines / prison time and the animals will be put down on discovery.
You are likely to refused entry to the country when caught too.

Also ball pythons are a highly invasive species.

Yeah, I don't see the reason for this post. I'm pretty confident we've already notified the OP that it's illegal.

Latest posts

Back