Pygmy Banded Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are classified as a stimsoni. They have a unique physiology, they deserve their own classification.
They should be classified as a separate sub species. They are somehow related to Stimsons but are smaller, have different patterns,smaller truncated heads, different scale counts etc. And worst of all the NSW authorities class them as Liasis instead of Antaresia. How on earth do they come up with that? They look nothing like an olive python or a water python, the only similarity is they live near water.
I imported 1 from SA and they class it as Antaresia on the export permit but my import permit states it is Liasis so who is wrong?

Mate , that is a nasty one ! I only hope he calms down a bit by the time he reach's 300mm :-b
I thought I was gonna bleed out :( I was scared, as she continued to munch on my finger

(Not gonna lie it surprisingly hurt for such a little snake lmao... it was a feed bite so there’s that)

AND SHES 45cm!

They should be classified as a separate sub species. They are somehow related to Stimsons but are smaller, have different patterns,smaller truncated heads, different scale counts etc. And worst of all the NSW authorities class them as Liasis instead of Antaresia. How on earth do they come up with that? They look nothing like an olive python or a water python, the only similarity is they live near water.
I imported 1 from SA and they class it as Antaresia on the export permit but my import permit states it is Liasis so who is wrong?
All Antaresia were once classified as Liasis. The classification changed in the 1990's. Are any of the other Antaresia genus classified as Liasis in NSW?

All Antaresia were once classified as Liasis. The classification changed in the 1990's. Are any of the other Antaresia genus classified as Liasis in NSW?
No, only the stimsoni. They have changed back and forth
[doublepost=1578386202,1578385762][/doublepost]
Be careful with that thing! They have a nasty bite
you're going to die

Latest posts

Back