Childrens python help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron B

Reaction score
Hey all,
My year-ling children's has been in her new enclosure with plenty of hides for about 3 weeks now and has had 2 successful feeds.

All she does is hide during the day and roam at night compared to when she was in a click Clack where she was always out and a about. All her temps are fine and so is humidity. Any help is appreciated!

Sounds pretty normal to me. They are nocturnal after all and she maybe still getting used to her new bigger home. I really don't see a problem.

Yep, my Stimmie tends to spend the day in one of his hides, only occasionally resting on his branch during the day time. Tends to be far more active at night, especially if getting due for a feed.

My carpets are similar enough. The older one tends to spend his time either in a coolish nestbox or out on an uncovered warm spot. Lots of roaming at night if he hasn't been fed.

Younger carpet tends to just sit in a hide with his head out, getting up onto a perch in the late afternoon/evening or if he has been watching me for a longer time.

My stimmie climbs his branch at night. I find it pulled down the next morning. Might be feeding him to much :p

Back