Brown Tree Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneEyed

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Just want anyone's experience on keeping Brown Tree Snakes, not so much enclosures but more on personal thoughts on temperament, how they display. Just let me know your thoughts. My Current Collection is 4 Black headed Pythons ranging from little fella all way up to a big Female. As well as some Tarantulas and scorpions. Wish Qld would allow us to have crocodilians on a restricted licence as that would be goals, but that is for entirely another discussion.

Any pictures of your beautiful Brown Trees would be awesome too!!

They can display okay but they're a pain if a thing to keep, especially the western form. The biggest issue is that they're shy feeders. I used to get excited every time my western ones decided to have a feed. The easterns were better, but still a bit annoying. They were also a bit prone to sloughing issues. Awesome snakes but I'd suggest doing yourself a favour and choosing something else. When I finally gave up and decided to sell mine people were falling over each other to buy them, the candy cane form is always in high demand, but most people regret buying them pretty quickly.

Thanks for the replies, my partner wants a gtp. But the brown trees have a soft spot in my heart. But it's good to know those issues thanks for been honest, more people need to talk honestly about any species instead of fluffing them up to be perfect

Thanks for the replies, my partner wants a gtp. But the brown trees have a soft spot in my heart. But it's good to know those issues thanks for been honest, more people need to talk honestly about any species instead of fluffing them up to be perfect

People definitely are prone to saying problematic species are no problem. Chondros are another example. No point setting yourself up for frustration and/or heartache.

Definitely hurts the hobby as people who aren't into it for the right reason ie love of reptiles see and hear these things and fall into false hope. I see it with Tarantula all the time I have three phlogius proserpines insanely defensive and will hope out. But thank you for been honest and saying they're problematic. Now got a bit of heads up on some issues to arrise.

Latest posts

Back