What to Use for Lizard Enrichment?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainmonitors

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. My bluey is super curious, explorative, and loves getting into mischief. What toys should I try for enrichment outside the enclosure? She also loooooves climbing, but I don't wanna get anything too high so she'll fall and hurt herself. Any recommendations, for enrichment both inside and outside her enclosure?

I move my pet ( dragons' and skinks' ) stuff around ( rearrange ) on a regular basis , they seem to enjoy exploring the new arrangement ( it's all got their familiar scent ) .
For the larger lizards , they get some free range floor time each every day , they love exploring things like empty open boxes, mailing tubes, bubble wrap , wrapping paper , sometimes unoccupied shoes and socks , and other sundry items they encounter. We warn all visitors to not leave open bags on the floor a dragon or a bluetongue is out as it'll be inspected very thoroughly and there's a risk the lizard might decide it's good place to have a nap.
TV is hit with my gang.

Looks like your lizard needs an outdoors play area. I find half filled raised garden beds makes good enclosures to explore the great outdoors. Cover with mesh or chicken wire to keep out the predators.

I used to collect various skulls/bones/sticks etc while out and about to put in my lizard enclosures, particularly for the monitors but also for the Blue-tongueds etc. Occasionally I'd also use a cardboard box or whatever other object I had handy. I'm not sure if it helped them in any way but it was a bit of fun for me.

Latest posts

Back