Giant Gidgee Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglespremiers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been speaking to someone in the reptile industry who mentioned giant gidgee skink's that are approximately two times the size of the ordinary breed of gidgee skink.
Has anybody come across this variant of gidgee skink before? Google searching is proving to be unfruitful.

From my experience and talking with some people, there is a form of Cunningham skink that shares the same kind of tail to a Gidgee skink. As in more stumper than a Gidgee, but it isn’t 100% the same, id doubt there would be a species of giant Gidgees that’s all
@RoryBreaker should be able to help

Yep, I saw someone on a USA based board talking about gidgees they were getting , apparently they see all spikey tailed Australian skinks as gidgees even if they are not actually gidgees but cunninghams.

I appreciate that there could be some claim of mistaken identity, however, this particular seller is extremely well known in the industry and would've handled hundreds, if not thousands, of Australian skinks in the last 5-10 years and I would be surprised if he made such a mistake. That, notwithstanding, I could not find any additional information in Danny Brown's book (or any other I've encountered) hence why I asked the question here.

Latest posts

Back