Live plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi81

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if there are particular plants I can put in with my python? And ideas on best way to plant them. Ie in substrate or pots etc. I was thinking that a live plant may assist with microclimate and humidity.

It would be a good idea to specify the type of python as a lot of ours will come from relatively dry environments. You don't really need nor want high humidity for them.
If it comes from an arid environment you could consider some sort of succulent plant if you really want to go that way, just be prepared for it to potentially be trampled.

Be aware if you plant the enclosure then you will likely need to work out a light source for the plant that does not interfere with the snake badly.

Hi Fifi81
Personaly i would not use any live plants in any of my enclosures. Plastic plants look just as good without having to worry about exessive humidity causing possible health problems or UV lighting.
Just my opinion.

Thanks guys. I have an albino Darwin. might have to invest in some plastic plants from the sounds of it.

Back