My nocturnal Stimson's is now diurnal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MouseNo4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I fully expected him to never show his face during the day - i accepted that knowing full well i would rarely see him unless i was up during the night hours.

But after a few months of being in his little plastic enclosure, he is spending quite a lot of time... outside of his hide, during the day, generally just lazing about.

I have my two sensors taped to the inside of the tub beneath the substrate so i can always monitor the temperatures (which is within his full size enclosure which will be his home for the rest of his life) and i have quite often seen him coiled around those cables, coiled sideways behind his hide or even resting his head on top of the hide facing out towards me.

Seeing him so much during the day is completely unexpected. I knew to expect to never really see him much unless i took him out to hold him every so often. But even now - just after midday - he is out in the bright light of day (and the enclosure daytime simulated lights) in full view.

Now i am curious why he is doing something this unexpected!

I have no idea about this - but this raises another question I'm hoping that the more experienced could answer:

If in this instance the OP was to start feeding the snake during midday when it's awake - would this encourage his Stimmy to be more active during the day by default - allowing him to see more of him?

I have no idea about this - but this raises another question I'm hoping that the more experienced could answer:

If in this instance the OP was to start feeding the snake during midday when it's awake - would this encourage his Stimmy to be more active during the day by default - allowing him to see more of him?
You know i was just joking about him transitioning from nocturnal to diurnal right?

Latest posts

Back