New enclosure heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Finally got a new enclosure made for my super zeb. What globes are most people using for heating? Pet shop prices are outrageous for head globes.
Enclosure is 970x650x650.

received_172840867312733.jpeg

Pet shop prices are going to be high for anything. Pet shops are boutique stores. I don't use globes for any pythons and wouldn't even if I had a billion dollars and wanted to do the best possible job, but if I was going to use a heat lamp in an enclosure like that I'd use a 40W spotlight on a dimming thermostat, which I'd buy from whatever store sold them cheapest.

Pet shop prices are going to be high for anything. Pet shops are boutique stores. I don't use globes for any pythons and wouldn't even if I had a billion dollars and wanted to do the best possible job, but if I was going to use a heat lamp in an enclosure like that I'd use a 40W spotlight on a dimming thermostat, which I'd buy from whatever store sold them cheapest.
Thank you for the reply. I ended up getting 40w and 60w spot to see what will work best. Only had 30° spot angle at Bunnings but should be ok.
Testing everything out now for a day before putting him in.

Thank you for the reply. I ended up getting 40w and 60w spot to see what will work best. Only had 30° spot angle at Bunnings but should be ok.
Testing everything out now for a day before putting him in.

What angle would you prefer?

Viv looks nice mate. How’s the super eating these days? Remember a fair while back he was givin you head aches.
Cheers mate
He has been straight on the last 6 or 7 feeds mate , changed brand of rats and defrosting them overnight , feeding at his eye level. Whatever is is out of those 3 things i changed worked and now i can relax lol.
[doublepost=1581141477,1581141334][/doublepost]
What angle would you prefer?
I thought the 80° would be better but after a couple of hours testing out temps with the IR gun i feel this one is right.

Cheers mate
He has been straight on the last 6 or 7 feeds mate , changed brand of rats and defrosting them overnight , feeding at his eye level. Whatever is is out of those 3 things i changed worked and now i can relax lol.
[doublepost=1581141477,1581141334][/doublepost]
I thought the 80° would be better but after a couple of hours testing out temps with the IR gun i feel this one is right.

30 degrees is better (almost tempted to make an '80 degrees is too hot' joke). It will give you a more specific hot area without heating up the whole enclosure as much. Of course, that's assuming it's not your only heat source, which it definitely shouldn't be.

30 degrees is better (almost tempted to make an '80 degrees is too hot' joke). It will give you a more specific hot area without heating up the whole enclosure as much. Of course, that's assuming it's not your only heat source, which it definitely shouldn't be.
I think the 40w spot will be better for summer. Thinking of running heat cord as well.
The place where i got it let me hold a beautiful marbled childrens python today , never thought about one until now. It was one they are definitely keeping but if i remember correctly you breed them dont you @Sdaji

That’s awesome mate. Glad to hear he’s in a routine for you now. It’s pretty frustrating havin a jungle that won’t eat consistently. I know from experience

That’s awesome mate. Glad to hear he’s in a routine for you now. It’s pretty frustrating havin a jungle that won’t eat consistently. I know from experience
I am definitely taking my time with setting this enclosure up right as i dont want to go back to rhat rubbish again.

I think the 40w spot will be better for summer. Thinking of running heat cord as well.
The place where i got it let me hold a beautiful marbled childrens python today , never thought about one until now. It was one they are definitely keeping but if i remember correctly you breed them dont you @Sdaji

Definitely a good idea to use heat cord as well :) For pretty much all pythons, floor heat will serve you well.

Yep, we have some super nice marbles available at the moment!

Definitely a good idea to use heat cord as well :) For pretty much all pythons, floor heat will serve you well.

Yep, we have some super nice marbles available at the moment!
Can you freight to Tamworth NSW?
Might get you to email me some pictures so i can show my mother and see if my wife still would like one as well.

Can you freight to Tamworth NSW?
Might get you to email me some pictures so i can show my mother and see if my wife still would like one as well.

Freight to Tamworth should be fine although I'd have to get you a quote on price. Feel free to email me: [email protected] happy to send some pictures :)

Latest posts

Back