Jungle Python Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Grosser

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just purchased a new enclosure for my jungle python that is a reptile one 1200x1200x600 malemine enclosure, I’m wanting to use a ceramic heat source but not sure What wattage time get, I’ve got a thermostat for it set to 28. Also is it best to use a cage around the bulb or a reflector?

thanks for your help

What size heat Matt should I use for an enclosure the size of mine
You’d be better off sandwiching a small like 1m-2m heat cord (which would be about 10-20w between 2 bathroom tiles in an up and down pattern about 2cm apart) and bury it under a layer of substrate

Make sure to use a thermostat

The Floors in my enclosures are all 6mm glass, so i just tape the heat cord in an up and down pattern about 30mm apart underneath 1/2 of the floor with aluminium tape and run it through a dimmer switch or thermostat.
You’d be better off sandwiching a small like 1m-2m heat cord (which would be about 10-20w between 2 bathroom tiles in an up and down pattern about 2cm apart) and bury it under a layer of substrate

Make sure to use a thermostat

Latest posts

Back