ID for purchased gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alichamp

Reaction score
I bought this guy at the Sydney Reptile Expo yesterday. Anyone able to confirm species?

PART_1582445928280.jpg

PART_1582445908872.jpg

Thanks Bluetongue1!

yes there was. As I'm new to geckos, exercising due diligence. It was incorrectly labelled.
what was it labelled as? who was the seller? - good sign of dodgy breeder, when they dont know what they have haha

It was labelled as a different type of velvet gecko. Obviously I'm not over the moon, and the one time in my life I've made an impulsive decision of this nature. But I knew what we were getting in to. Moose looks good and healthy to me (right?) and he's very cute so we love him anyway.

If I were to take a guess, I’d say it was sold to you as a “Marbled Gecko”. Irrespective of the name, it’s a great looking gecko that should bring you many hours of joy. As a lad I had a colony of six Lesueur’s Velvet Geckos that kept me company at night, especially when studying for exams, when they had a wonderfully calming effect just observing them. By the way, it very much looks to be a male. I figure that might help if you intend to give it a name. Whatever, enjoy!

If I were to take a guess, I’d say it was sold to you as a “Marbled Gecko”. Irrespective of the name, it’s a great looking gecko that should bring you many hours of joy. As a lad I had a colony of six Lesueur’s Velvet Geckos that kept me company at night, especially when studying for exams, when they had a wonderfully calming effect just observing them. By the way, it very much looks to be a male. I figure that might help if you intend to give it a name. Whatever, enjoy!

I wouldn't have got much study done .

Nice looking gecko by the way.

Latest posts

Back