Need advice on my new woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas22044

Reaction score
I recently got a woma python she's only 3.5 yrs old and tonight I got her out to hold her and change her water and stuff but when I put her back in the tank she layed next to her water bowl for a bit them had a drink but this is what I need advice on she put her head under the water and looked like she was trying to swim. Is this normal in womas? I've owned children's pythons before and they've never done anything like this.

I recently got a woma python she's only 3.5 yrs old and tonight I got her out to hold her and change her water and stuff but when I put her back in the tank she layed next to her water bowl for a bit them had a drink but this is what I need advice on she put her head under the water and looked like she was trying to swim. Is this normal in womas? I've owned children's pythons before and they've never done anything like this.

Woma's are a very different Snake to an Anterasia such as Children's Python, the tend to dig with that different shaped head, the seem to like to bury their heads so I am not surprised she puts her head under water. I gave my girl a bath and she had no issues putting her head under water and swimming, my Children's and Stimmies don't like putting their heads under water in the bath at all so the Woma seems different to my others. I wouldn't worry about her doing this.

Noel

I have a good depth of the rough/large Kritters Crumble for my woma to give it something to burrow its way through, which it does.

Back