Advice on dealing with strata approval

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Long

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently have a jungle carpet python and am a having difficulty getting approval from the appartments strata management.

Essentially their reasons for refusal are:

1) People in the apartment are scared of snakes
2) It is dangerous to other tenants living above and below (there is a ~3yr old child unit below)

They claim that the snake could escape and swim up the toilet bowl through thew sewerage system and into other peoples toilets or escape my apartment and climb up the outside wall into other peoples apartments.

There are some reported cases of extreme rare events happening however I believe the refusal is unreasonable according to the by-laws.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...snake-in-toilet-bites-canberra-womans-bottom/

Has anyone had a similar problem in their apartment?

Has anyone taken strata to NCAT tribunal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I've never had an issue I've never told about my reptiles I just say I have animals and when the ask I start with my dogs lol
My real estate agent hates I mean hates all reptiles so when she comes to look at the house every three months she just stays away from that side of my house if I told her about them be for moving in I would not of got the house.
If the house says pet friendly then u don't have to tell them about birds fish or reptiles they only want to know about cats and dogs

Latest posts

Back