How to calm down a Centralian Carpet Python.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColinC

Reaction score
Hi guys looking for some advice. I have a Centralian that I purchased about 5 weeks ago. It is supposed to be about 2 years old I measured it's skin at last shed and it was just over 1.2m. It eats well, poops well and sheds really well. But it is as snappy as all get at. Any time I try to handle it I get bitten they don't hurt but do bleed. I have taken to wearing a pair of gloves when I try to get it used to my hand. Can someone tell me the best way to calm this guy down? It is my first snake and I don't want stress it out but also do not just want a snake that can't come out of it's viv.

Any pics of the setup and temps could help ? And what are you feeding n how often.
Also i find two 20 minute handling sessions a day for my pythons work to tame down. But i always be quick getting them out as to not stress them and just slowly let them get used to maybe slithering on your hand to a bed and if you can try n read the snakes body language

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Any pics of the setup and temps could help ? And what are you feeding n how often.
Also i find two 20 minute handling sessions a day for my pythons work to tame down. But i always be quick getting them out as to not stress them and just slowly let them get used to maybe slithering on your hand to a bed and if you can try n read the snakes body language

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. I had it out today and it settled down quite quickly. Only out for about 5 mins so it is interesting that you suggest 20min twice a day. I did notice even it's breathing slowed back down after a couple of mins. I am thinking that this animal may have little or no handling up til now. So I will persevere with more time out and work up to twice a day.

Latest posts

Back