hatchling opening mouth & making squeaking noises ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxdusa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I was going to handle my 4 month old Albino Darwin & noticed she kept opening her mouth & made a squeaking noise along with it… she done this several times. It only happened today when I was about to handle her.

Is it a sign of a respiratory infection ? I’m going to the vet tomorrow but some people in a different post advised not to rush to the vet as snakes can make unexpected noises especially if they’re stressed or being handled & it isn’t a sign of RI (https://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/threads/squeaking-noise.222173/).

Also there isn't any saliva. I feel like she does this when she is out of her enclosure & exposed to the outside air if that makes sense...

It’s funny that you should post this, as my new Banded Pygmy Python hatchling does this right before I handle him. He makes these tiny little squeaks. I have never seen it before! It has the feel of a natural response, though.

Or it’s coronavirus...

It’s funny that you should post this, as my new Banded Pygmy Python hatchling does this right before I handle him. He makes these tiny little squeaks. I have never seen it before! It has the feel of a natural response, though.

Or it’s coronavirus...
Hahahhahahhahahah

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back