Converting fluro tubes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry89

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know about converting t5 Arcadia bulbs to a standard old t8 batten? Would the below work and add the length required also to make a 550mm fit a 600mm fitting (it takes a starter)?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/2ft-t5-fluoro-lamp-adaptor-kit/p/SL2746

I was hoping to use my older 12% bulbs from our Pygmy Dragon, in my Common Tree Snake enclosure, instead of buying 6% bulbs, the half life indicates the output should be fine, it's just the conversion of tube to fitting I am worried about and the Arcadia fittings are crazy expensive as I found out setting up the dragon...

Many thanks all, just don't want to burn the house down with my ignorance of electrical things...

In short No it won't work. The Arcadia t5 tube are the High Output type which needs electronic ballast. Similar thing would happen to the tubes if you put them in standard t5 fixtures.
To use the tube again you would have to put it in the right t5 HO fixture - it doesn't have to be an arcadia brand, many hydro setups use t5 HO tubes.

Latest posts

Back