New enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekw

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Finally put my super zeb in his new enclosure. He seems pretty happy with plenty of room to stretch out and explore.
One thing i noticed is yesterday morning when we checked on him he was on the warm end but he quickly fled and went into the cold end hide. He stayed there all day and came out again at 9pm.
This morning i have found him in the same hide. My first thought is that it must be to hot but surface temp readings should be spot on. Exactly 1/3 of the enclosure is heated with 300x600 ceramic tiles with heat cord that i tested for a week before placing him in. I have wound the temp down to see what happens. Its only 19deg on that side he is on this morning.

Any tips or am i just stressing out?
[doublepost=1586125818,1586124057][/doublepost]The enclosure

received_830114104141967.jpeg
[doublepost=1586209985][/doublepost]Still doing it and i cant figure out why. AIr temps are 21 during the day and 18 overnight. 32 hot spot and 21-18 cold end.
Could it be that he doesn't feel safe it the hot hide? Thats the only thing that makes any sense.

Last edited:
I got a little jullaten jungle that does the same and she’s fine mate. I wouldn’t stress too much atm. At least you’ve seen him go to the hot end. A couple of my young pythons will only ever go to the hotspot for 15-20 min at a time then it’s straight back to the cool end for the rest of the time and they are still pumping along. Is he still eating?

I got a little jullaten jungle that does the same and she’s fine mate. I wouldn’t stress too much atm. At least you’ve seen him go to the hot end. A couple of my young pythons will only ever go to the hotspot for 15-20 min at a time then it’s straight back to the cool end for the rest of the time and they are still pumping along. Is he still eating?
Thank you for the reply.
Its got me stumped as i put so much effort and planning into it , probably over thought it lol. He isn't due to feed again until next week. He seems ok , comes out each night and explores the enclosure.
He could very well be heating up at night and going back but i just dont know.
He has been on ground heat all his short life lol. Never seem him on the cold end before.

Latest posts

Back