Mite be silly but need help with snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I had my snake out it's a very friendly coastal python I was letting it do it's own thing it ended up climbing my arm and ended up around my neck for the first time then when it was relaxed it started to play with my face with it's tail and then started hissing but it wasn't angry.
My wife ended up taking it off me and it showed no aggression and just keep going on with his business

Some snakes hiss from being over-handled, however I'm not sure this was the case either. Quick movements can cause them to hiss as well.

I wasn't moving one bit with a snake that close to my face
I'm more asking does anyone now if snakes hiss when there happy

No, hissing is typically a warning.

It's a threat display to get something it perceives as a threat to back off.

Just some other considerations, was it a hiss or was the snake just audibly exhaling? When my carpets give me a food response bite and try to strangle my arm I can sometimes hear them breathe out with the effort.

Might also be a respiratory infection I guess, but I have not heard the noise personally.

Was it an actual hiss, or expelling the air noisily as a huff?
Mine sometimes do it when they’re out and about, when they were smaller it sounded like a whistle, but the bigger they get, the more huffy it sounds. They seem to make this noise expelling air through their nostrils (which explains why it’s more whistley when they’re smaller).
It seems to be a vocalisation they do when they’re excited.

Latest posts

Back