Red marking above eyes?? Help Please, Albino Darwin 3yr old

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger101

Reaction score
Hi first time posting
noticed these red marks above my guys eyes a week or so ago and they haven't gone away
any ideas
if it gets worse he will be going to the vets

completely disinfected tank today and even bathed him, still eating and crapping normally20200418_155609-2.jpg20200418_155646_HDR-2.jpg20200418_155655_HDR-2.jpg20200418_155732-2.jpg

I need to have a look at a larger image on my computer, I've known them to rub unexplained irritations to the point of bleeding but that would usually be one spot. Did it shed recently? Mites usually attach around the eyes although none visible in photos.
Do you have a UV light? They have no pigmentation to protect them from UV and get skin cancers.
Exposure to cleaning products, fly spray, substrate dust, insects, dampness, mould etc can cause an irritation.

I need to have a look at a larger image on my computer, I've known them to rub unexplained irritations to the point of bleeding but that would usually be one spot. Did it shed recently? Mites usually attach around the eyes although none visible in photos.
Do you have a UV light? They have no pigmentation to protect them from UV and get skin cancers.
Exposure to cleaning products, fly spray, substrate dust, insects, dampness, mould etc can cause an irritation.
hi mate,
he is due for a shed, last shed 2 months ago, hoping it goes away with shedding.
yeah UV Is down cold end, was using the (Reptibark) quite dusty and rough replaced today with straw from Petbarn so It will be softer and less dustier for him.
Cleaning Products and Fly spray no, this is completely out of the blue, humidity is around 50%, tank is only 3 months old itself still new.

Back