Paperwork to buy python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly039

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've got a licence

I'm getting a python tomorrow

What paperwork do I download to take with me to fill in and take with me please. I'm in Qld.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a licence

I'm getting a python tomorrow

What paperwork do I download to take with me to fill in and take with me please. I'm in Qld.

Thanks

Hi again, just take ya permit saying you've been approved .. youll also need to fill out a movement advice form, are you getting it from a pet store or where are you buying it from ?? If its an actual pet barn ect. They may have all the movement advice forms as they are a legit business if ya get me.. but id still print some out just in case.. movement advice is just a form saying where the snake will be homed and and all that stuff.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It's the legal responsibility of the seller to complete a Movement Advice before they hand over the snake and to do this they will need all your licence details and phone number. Don't accept the snake without the relevant section of the Movement Advice, it has to accompany the snake and cannot be done later.

I'm getting it from a private home

IMG_5553.jpeg

Can you get fined?

Yes and the animal will be taken and possibly destroyed if they can’t find out where it’s from (if they have license or not pretty much)

It's very simple. The paperwork is simple for any responsible seller who has acquired the animal legally.
Why would you trust a seller who does not comply with the law? The snake could have come from anywhere.
You could be buying an animal that has health issues, even a lethal virus that will spread to other animals you may have now or may acquire in the future.
This is especially a risk in Queensland.

All done and I got the paperwork. Was a really nice family.

Latest posts

Back