Retained eye cap in BHP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie8488

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a number of pythons and only one has had a problem with the latest shed that being my BHP it has retained a eye cap , ive tried the damp pillow case, holding her and trying to gently remove it with a ear bud and also putting her in a tub of warm water .. but with no success . I was told by the vet to leave it to the next shed but she can not see out her right side at all . Any suggestions

I have a number of pythons and only one has had a problem with the latest shed that being my BHP it has retained a eye cap , ive tried the damp pillow case, holding her and trying to gently remove it with a ear bud and also putting her in a tub of warm water .. but with no success . I was told by the vet to leave it to the next shed but she can not see out her right side at all . Any suggestions
Maybe try a special reptile safe moisturizer or a spray they often help aid with shedding i know that reptile one has a product that would help you check out this https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/petzoo...MIueqdlraw6QIVBFVgCh0uVwFTEAQYAyABEgI15_D_BwE if you would like to ask me anything else feel welcomed also dont worry what your snake is going through wont last forever!
[doublepost=1589358850,1589358767][/doublepost]oh forgot to say these sprays and creams should be ok but if any reaction ocurs stop use right away

Latest posts

Back