White-lipped Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebiimams

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So there are White-lipped Python pairs available on Reptile Classifieds again, and I was wondering if anyone knows any info on these in Australia? I remember reading an interesting thread querying how they got on the books here, and I was wondering if anyone ever got any answers on it?

It’s exciting to see a new species. Is anyone here breeding or holding them?

I think you’d be surprised to see how much stuff is on license that haven’t been released to the public

There was an albino boa? Or anaconda on license legally (no longer since like 2 years ago) and lots more crazy stuff

Same with emerald tree monitors, I think a pair went up for 30k from cairns aquarium last year

I saw the Cairns Aquarium monitors, it was two males from memory. I was extremely surprised to see them.

Interesting that these are pairs for sale of the pythons. I guess we should see many more around soon.

At around the same time an add for Pilbara Olive pythons for sale was posted. The price was hefty but not ridiculous.

It’s gunna take a pretty good eye in the near future to distinguish a Pilbara olive from a standard one there is a good chance the species will be crossed and lost due to dishonest breeders around oz I know the bloke who bred these first ones got rid of all his other olives Including albinos so his integrity doesn’t get questioned in the future they would make an amazing pet just need a bedroom sized enclosure to keep a pair in

It’s gunna take a pretty good eye in the near future to distinguish a Pilbara olive from a standard one there is a good chance the species will be crossed and lost due to dishonest breeders around oz I know the bloke who bred these first ones got rid of all his other olives Including albinos so his integrity doesn’t get questioned in the future they would make an amazing pet just need a bedroom sized enclosure to keep a pair in
You are bang on unfortunately. If I ever had the space to keep something that large I would buy from the original source, he sounds like he has integrity.

A 150 x 120 x 30 enclosure would be plenty for one. You could maintain racks comfortably housing dozens of adults in a bedroom. Most people I know breeding regular Olives are doing it in enclosures less than 120cm long.

Latest posts

Back