Can I license a snake that wasn’t from a breeder?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for your loss :(

You would need to contact OEH reptile license division and explain to them, give them details of your partner etc, they’ll gather info on their side and possibly transfer his license to your name!

the person he got the snake from doesn’t have to be a breeder, just aslong as they both have a license and the snake was transferred from one to the other license property

Edit: seeing as you’re In nsw, you could try login to your partners nsw reptile keeping account (if you know his password) and transfer to your license

Hi thank you for replying, the only issue is my partner wasn’t licensed. I thought he was but I recently found out the truth.?
bummer, thats a problem then,license system is here for a reason to make sure no animals are being taken and traded off the charts. i cant really help any further apart from "telling" you to explain the situation to OEH, 9/10 chance theyll take the snake though sadly..assuming you talk to them.

bummer, thats a problem then,license system is here for a reason to make sure no animals are being taken and traded off the charts. i cant really help any further apart from "telling" you to explain the situation to OEH, 9/10 chance theyll take the snake though sadly..assuming you talk to them.
Ok thank you so much for your help though.

Latest posts

Back