Help with Flies in Reptile Room

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyzzi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi friends
(sorry if this is the wrong place for this)

Any advice, tips, tried and tested ways to get rid of flies in your reptile room/in the room your reptiles are in? I don't want to use fly sprays or the things you put in you power outlet, because they say 'not safe for fish' and I don't want to risk it. I also now have a pet snail in the same room, obviously in a tub, but don't want to accidentally hurt him.

thanks in advanced

How many flies are we talking here? Half a dozen or countless? Would it be more viable to rectify where/how the flies are entering??

I’d be more worried about why they’re coming in? Has something died? Does something stink?
Coming up to the colder months, you would only find flies around dog poop

I have good luck with the sticky strips you hang from the ceiling... just don’t walk into it

Last edited:
I’d be more worried about why they’re coming in? Has something died? Does something stink?
Coming up to the colder months, you would only find flies around dog poop

They are getting in because other people leave doors open, it's not like there are 100 flies, just normally 1-2 flying around and bugging me.

Get a couple of fake plastic potted plants for your reptile room and let a couple of these bad boys live in there full time.
20200503_175520.jpg 20200503_175527.jpg

Just out having a few beers in my backyard now by the fire-pit and the praying mantis are crawling all over me.

A good old fly whacker will do the trick. Will also keep you on your toes haha turn on all the lights and go ham.
Maybe put those fly container catcher things from Bunnings outside for a ongoing problem.

I've seriously considered venus fly traps, and if I could catch a praying mantis or similar I'll invite them inside for the winter.
using fly container catchers, both from bunnings and homemade to catch flies and gnats :)

If your not all weird about spiders then hang a hula hoop from the ceiling and get yourself an orb Weaver to live in it.
Works a treat, not to mention it will do interesting things if you can take the time to appreciate the small things

Latest posts

Back