Incubating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronLovesPythons

Reaction score
Hey i have a planned pairing of a male alb darwin paired with a caramel zeb het alb and wanted opinions on best incubating methods i have spare heat chord, mats and stats just havent been able to find a cheap wine fridge and not a fan of the esky method are store bought any reliable ?? Or maternal for a clutch like this ? Any help much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Store bought incubators aren’t very good.. each unit seems to be hit or miss

Commercial lab fridge incubators will set u back $1000+ but are extremely accurate

Surely, you can find an old mini fridge on gumtree, I got my whole incubator for 70$ from A breeder... doesn’t have to be a wine fridge, just aslong as it has a good seal, drill 3 holes into the back, 1 for pc fan cable, 1 for thermostat, 1 for heatcord

Last edited:

Commercial lab fridge incubators will set u back $1000+ but are extremely accurate

Surely, you can find an old mini fridge on gumtree, I got my whole incubator for 70$ from A breeder... doesn’t have to be a wine fridge, just aslong as it has a good seal, drill 3 holes into the back, 1 for pc fan cable, 1 for thermostat, 1 for heatcord
Cheers mate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mate I don't know where you are but a quick look on Gumtree found lots of cheap wine fridges even some free.
It is hard to get one in SE Qld because a couple of enterprising people are buying them all and made a business converting to incubators.

thanks guys ended up finding one for 50 bucks nice small size clear door and the racks in it and the light still works just need to do more research on converting it. any tips ? would be much appreciated
[doublepost=1591148444,1591148284][/doublepost]everywhere ive looked at uses heat tape which i cant find although i have some long heat mat, alluminum tape, heat cord (though it doesnt get too hot a reptile one branded one) and microclimate stat so assuming if set up correct it would work
[doublepost=1591150379][/doublepost]

whats the use of the fan and it has a fan on the back that works can i use that

thanks guys ended up finding one for 50 bucks nice small size clear door and the racks in it and the light still works just need to do more research on converting it. any tips ? would be much appreciated
[doublepost=1591148444,1591148284][/doublepost]everywhere ive looked at uses heat tape which i cant find although i have some long heat mat, alluminum tape, heat cord (though it doesnt get too hot a reptile one branded one) and microclimate stat so assuming if set up correct it would work
[doublepost=1591150379][/doublepost]

whats the use of the fan and it has a fan on the back that works can i use that

just use heat cord, i use 50W looping around the sides and back

fan is used for air circulation so all the hot air is evenly dispersed and keeps it moving. Probably not able to use the fan unless its a small computer fan, you just want to lightly circulate the air. i have mine screwed into the top and facing down so hot air rises up the sides to the top then shot back down the middle via the fan

as long as u can keep a stable 32c on a dimming stat itll be perfect, infact for my clutch i had it at 30.5 just incase things went sour

Same as Herptology, my incubator is an old bar fridge with a heat cable, plus a PC fan in the bottom. I have a thermostat plus a separate thermometer. I have used this successfully over several seasons for various species of dragons, and this year I have lace monitors as well

Latest posts

Back