How to attach cowdroy plastic track to diy enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colt1997

Reaction score
hello iam in the process of make a smalle cage for a young t+ stimmy and was wondering how people attatch the plastic tracks to the enclosure it is a plywood enclosure with a pine substrate damb i would like to use screw also if possible

I used little counter sunk timber screws to attach my plastic cowdroy tracks to my plywood enclosures , only takes a few per track to get a nice solid fit that wont come loose.

I used little counter sunk set drilling metal screws to do the to connect to my Connectit aluminum top and bottom rails.

Personally, I use sikaflex adhesive. Just let it cure for a few days before putting in your glass.

It works great.

I used small screws in my first ever enclosures, after that I just used construction adhesive. I think Liquid Nails is the best known brand, I usually used cheaper brands, I found them all to be as good as each other. Builders adhesive lasted longer, I never had it fail even after 20 or so years.

I used small screws in my first ever enclosures, after that I just used construction adhesive. I think Liquid Nails is the best known brand, I usually used cheaper brands, I found them all to be as good as each other. Builders adhesive lasted longer, I never had it fail even after 20 or so years.
Thank you i ended up using liquid nails and some some small nails to hold them it place wile the glue drys seems to have worked it is only a 2 foot cage so not alot of strength needed anyway

Thank you i ended up using liquid nails and some some small nails to hold them it place wile the glue drys seems to have worked it is only a 2 foot cage so not alot of strength needed anyway

Should be more than enough :)

Liquid nails is all you need. I scored up the back of the track with a Stanley knife and roughed up the timber I was glueing it to with sandpaper. This probably isn’t even necessary but I figured there was no harm in doing it. After it had cured I physically attempted to pry and rip the track off with all my strength and I failed big time haha

Liquid nails is all you need. I scored up the back of the track with a Stanley knife and roughed up the timber I was glueing it to with sandpaper. This probably isn’t even necessary but I figured there was no harm in doing it. After it had cured I physically attempted to pry and rip the track off with all my strength and I failed big time haha
Thank you and yeah liquid nails seems to be quite strong i just added a few small nails to mine to hold in place wile it dried it seems to have worked

I tried something similar in some of my first enclosures. Given how strong it was I tried gluing a piece of track to a scrap piece of wood and found that I actually ended up breaking things before the track separated from the wood. In some of my oldest enclosures (up around 20 years) when putting them out of service I found I could pull the track off the wood, but it was still strong enough to be doing the job (and by then the melamine was falling apart).

I loved them for about 15 years and was still using them until about 5 years ago but I can't say I'm a huge fan of melamine enclosures any more and doubt I'll use them again.

Latest posts

Back