Can't decide what snake to get

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a rushed response as the conversation had moved on significantly while I was preparing my post. Given the previous discussions about size of an enclosure I automatically assumed he would want to do s similar size outdoors. You need something like an aviary if you are to be able to safely leave the snake unattended outdoors in summer.

@Laikin, If you start with a hatchy as you said, then by the time it is approaching full size you will know it well enough to tell if it needs a larger enclosure.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! after along think and research i think ill go with the Bredli seing as they have a docile nature and just seem to be very nice snakes.

Good to see you were able to make a firm choice that is suitable and based on what you personally like. I must say I do like the red-brown colours in M. bredli. They are an awesome looking snake.

IMO, the standard bredli is more attractive. I love the black contrasting the colours...each to their own. I have a bias towards wild types though

Hypos can be found in the wild
I stand corrected. I guess I meant to say that the less common traits like that(also with morphs, albinos etc) in captivity, tend to be line bred, which I feel a little uncomfortable about. I'm not sure why as there doesn't seem to be any evidence that they are less healthy or more likely to develop problems. Also the genetic diversity may well be just as limited with the "common" coloration in bredli's for all I know.

Latest posts

Back