Wanting To Get Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laikin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i've been wanting to get a snake for awhile now but not really sure what snake i should get. preferably a "beginner" snake that is friendly and fairly active (because i would like a change in pace because my blue tongue hides for days on end) and gets to a decent size but nothing to big. i know i sound really picky but if any would like to help please do. i live in NSW :)

and if anyone would like to give some good reads or videos on the certain snake do.

All reptiles will hide for days on end from time to time especially during shed.
If you want a "fun" snake that are pretty active I would suggest a Woma, they have an amazing food response though lol.
No reptile is going to do tricks for you and be active as such, but that would be my pick.

Woma? Active? They make Blue-tongueds look like blue-arsed flies.

No pythons are active, and no active Australian snakes are suitable for beginners. Only two are non venomous and both have relatively tricky caging and dietary requirements. If you want a reptile more active than a bluey, get a monitor or dragon. Snakes are brilliant, I love them to bits, and I love my pythons, but pythons just aren't active creatures.

I thought there are 15 species of Australian pythons, and most of them are really easy to keep.

The question was 'what active snakes are good for beginners?'. I was saying only two Australian active snakes are non venomous. Neither is a python.

Yes, there are multiple Australian pythons which make fantastic pets for beginners, but none of them are active. All pythons spend most of their time, especially during the day, sitting still.

Latest posts

Back