Male Woma Python interesting behaviour HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJ4565

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently acquired a 5 yr old male woma and have noticed an odd behaviour. I've researched the hell out of it and can't find anything that matches it.

Basically, when I pick him up out of his enclosures he will start almost uncontrollably trembling (like if you were to tense your arm as hard as you could and it starts shaking). This lasts for maybe 2-3 seconds while he gets his bearings and then he starts roaming around me as they do. I guess they could almost be described as tiny seizures (but nothing close to what you find on YouTube).

Being a self-proclaimed hypocondriac my first though was IBD, however he has no issues righting himself, no cork-screwing or otherwise abnormal behaviour and last ate a decent sized rat about two weeks ago. He is otherwise in perfect health

As I said this only ever happens when I pick him up. I'm wondering whether anyone might have any ideas or similar queries.

Cheers.

I have no idea - but is there any chance of you posting up a short video of it? There's some good knowledgeable people on here and I'd imagine a video would go a long way in helping for a correct diagnosis.

Just from your description it's difficult to be sure, but it sounds mostly likely to be him just trying to find some purchase on the ground after being unnaturally taken off it. Imagine someone tossing you up in the air, you might instinctively flail your limbs around trying to grab hold of something or find something to put your feet on. It doesn't sounds like anything indicative of a problem.

Again, I can't be sure about anything just from a few words of text.

Latest posts

Back