Spotted Python INFO wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laikin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please share some links to recommended info on Spotted python care as i'm having a hard time finding good articles or videos on the specific snake.

Cheers
Laikin

Hi, can anyone please share some links to recommended info on Spotted python care as i'm having a hard time finding good articles or videos on the specific snake.

Cheers
Laikin
Just type in spotted python care in Google.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Here are the three books I purchased as my primary references when starting out.

* Keeping Carpet Pythons by Kortlang and Greem
* Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity by Weigel
* Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons (ed Swan)

Here are the three books I purchased as my primary references when starting out.

* Keeping Carpet Pythons by Kortlang and Greem
* Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity by Weigel
* Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons (ed Swan)

Thanks alot

Go onto the Kellyville Pets website and there are some care guides for Antaresia.
Same for Dolittle farm google "Dolittle python care guide"

These will give some info but be mindful they are created by pet stores so whilst informative (to some regard), they are also advertising.

Don't overthink it, you can literally sum up almost all the necessary information in one or two paragraphs, and there's nothing specific to Spotted Pythons you need to know; they just need the same care as a typical python scaled to their size. The exact same methods as people use for Ball Pythons, Water Pythons, Woma Pythons and of course other Antaresia will work.

I can literally sum up 95% of it in a short sentence:

Give them an enclosure of appropriate size (around half of the length of the snake), hot end around 33 degrees, cool end at ambient temperature.

Latest posts

Back