Carpets Not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBombReptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have 3 carpet pythons at the moment. Onion is eating mice, however the rest arent eating. Citrus would usually eat fuzzie rats, but he isnt eating at the moment. He hasnt eaten since may 16th. He will get offered frozen-thawed rats, the exact same as he used to take, but wont eat. Sage would eat rats or mice. She hasnt eaten since the 31st of March. She will get offered mice and rats. I dont really understand why they were eating fine before, but have now been off food.

Could be just the winter months maybe. I would keep an eye on their weight and if it starts dropping a fair amount without anymore interest in food maybe assist feed or vet vist for check up.
I got a stimmy who hasnt eaten since 8/6/2020 who im watching closely but not too concerned yet because of winter and is still showing happy behaviour :)

They were born December 21st 2018. They arent growing, which worries me, but they are acting like usual. The temps are around 30 degrees, i know thats a little chilly, but we aregetting a heater for my bedroom's ambient temp, which should help bump that up during winter. I do beleive Citrus and Sage are mainly if not full coastal?

I wouldn't worry about it too much at all. 3-6 months without food is nothing to a Snake. Even young ones. Mine haven't been interested in food this Winter either. It has been overly chilly this time around.

It's winter.

You should have them on something larger than fuzzy rats by 18 months old though. Don't worry if they don't eat during winter but do feed them a lot more when they start again in spring.

Fix the temperatures too. Temperature is overwhelmingly the single most important aspect of snake keeping.

Latest posts

Back