Liberty!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nero Egernia

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Look here!

Liberty.JPG

See the change? I've escaped the totalitarian state of Western Australia! I can now keep just about any Aussie native reptile I've ever dreamed of keeping. Liberty! :D

Jokes aside (I know Western Australia is not a totalitarian state, I was simply joking and having some fun, apologies if anyone finds this offensive), my first pick up since relocating are three beautiful Diamond Pythons bred by Mark (@mrkos). They're gorgeous little snakes, already had a few feeds and a shed so far. They're incredibly docile and don't have a single mean bone in their bodies.

Further photos are to come, but for now here's a video of my first trip to Sydney to pick them up from the airport. Please excuse the minor silliness at some intervals. The video is a little outdated, as it took me a few weeks to upload and edit.

Welcome to the freedom keeper state! Where abouts did you move to? The drive looked quite far

How’d you go at Sydney airport? :D

Snakes look great @mrkos !

Also i know someone in Sydney who’s going to have some awesome holdback bredli for sale soon if that tickles your fancy hehe

Last edited:
Welcome to the freedom keeper state! Where abouts did you move to? The drive looked quite far

How’d you go at Sydney airport? :D

Snakes look great @mrkos !

Also i know someone in Sydney who’s going to have some awesome holdback bredli for sale soon if that tickles your fancy hehe

I'm currently in Newcastle.

The Sydney airport wasn't too bad, but I had help because I remembered reading a post on here earlier. ;)

Sorry Herptology, while there's many new species that I'm keen to keep, Bredli was not one of them. They're certainly a lovely species, and yours are particularly beautiful - I just can't keep them all unfortunately. I'd love to photograph them though.

It's a bit of a shock to the system to be honest. For so long I've had to accept that I couldn't keep the many species I was interested in and now I have so many options. It's been a bit of a struggle trying to control myself, haha.

i remember the first species I bought have moving back to Vic from WA and that was a woma lol three years later ive gotten back into the swing of things and are going to renew my Advanced licence (have to do the vens handling course again etc)

Hey everyone.

Look here!

View attachment 329715

See the change? I've escaped the totalitarian state of Western Australia! I can now keep just about any Aussie native reptile I've ever dreamed of keeping. Liberty! :D

Jokes aside (I know Western Australia is not a totalitarian state, I was simply joking and having some fun, apologies if anyone finds this offensive), my first pick up since relocating are three beautiful Diamond Pythons bred by Mark (@mrkos). They're gorgeous little snakes, already had a few feeds and a shed so far. They're incredibly docile and don't have a single mean bone in their bodies.

Further photos are to come, but for now here's a video of my first trip to Sydney to pick them up from the airport. Please excuse the minor silliness at some intervals. The video is a little outdated, as it took me a few weeks to upload and edit.

Hi
Enjoyed the video...Just discovering the joy of a diamond python.

I am glad you're happy with your little monitor Kayla. I was disappointed I was not there to meet you on the day as I wanted to talk to you about lot's of things reptile and photography.
Have you named the little one yet ? my son called it Blue because it had the most blue colour on it's neck, most of the other babies were more white or yellow.
I like the house you built for him(?) and he obviously likes it because he settled so quick.

I am glad you're happy with your little monitor Kayla. I was disappointed I was not there to meet you on the day as I wanted to talk to you about lot's of things reptile and photography.
Have you named the little one yet ? my son called it Blue because it had the most blue colour on it's neck, most of the other babies were more white or yellow.
I like the house you built for him(?) and he obviously likes it because he settled so quick.

Same, hopefully we can chat another time? ;)

I've decided to call him (guessing the gender here) Forrest. One of my Lace Monitor keeping friends thought he was "special" with the way he's always out and about and super confident already. We speculated that if he was born in the wild he would have been the first to be eaten, haha. He's a cute little guy and my expectations have been exceeded. With what everyone was telling me, I was expecting to suffer "Empty Cage Syndrome" for a few months at the very least.

Thanks, in regards to the enclosure. They were built by Medusas Industries. Very solid and of very high quality. The wait was worth it. Cheers Rick!

Latest posts

Back