Big Tank Tiny Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laikin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm getting a juvenile bredli python soon and have purchased an "adult" enclosure (5, 2, 2 ft) and i just wanted to hear you opinions on putting it in such a big tank.

large enclosure isn't the best for a little snakeling but fine as long as he/she got hides to suit the size and correct heat.
If that's the only enclosure u can buy maybe think about building 1?
real cheap to make a small one :)

I would keep him in a tub or smaller enclosure say 60x40x40 setup until roughly 18mths~ old

And then into a larger adult enclosure

It also depends how big he is/ which correlated with feed size etc

Is all good info to receive

If he’s “tiny” for his age, send questions to the breeder, what’s he feeding, how often etc

I recently did the same thing with a 3,2,2ft tank for an 8 month old jungle python I got (he’s tiny for his age) and because the enclosure is so large he tends to hide most of the time and this is due to him thinking predators are going to attack him in such a large enclosure.
But an easy fix instead of buying another tank is to measure up some thin timber that you can get in any hardware store and just half it enclosure or even go smaller than that.. just so it feels more secure and isn’t so stressed that it’s going to be eaten!

I recently did the same thing with a 3,2,2ft tank for an 8 month old jungle python I got (he’s tiny for his age) and because the enclosure is so large he tends to hide most of the time and this is due to him thinking predators are going to attack him in such a large enclosure.
But an easy fix instead of buying another tank is to measure up some thin timber that you can get in any hardware store and just half it enclosure or even go smaller than that.. just so it feels more secure and isn’t so stressed that it’s going to be eaten!

i think ill try that and slowly make more room by moving the timber.

Latest posts

Back