I need some tank inspiration and ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucidslair

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I’m looking for some ideas to make my enclosure more vibrant and not so boring
This is what it’s like at the moment
https://ibb.co/946dPCg

I’ve tried to make it look more natural with some cuttings from trees but they just die so quickly and at this point I’m just not satisfied with the presentation of my enclosure

Would you guys care to share some ideas on way to make the enclosure more homey for my jungle python ?

Fake plants will always look better than dried out tree cutting :p
Yes that’s for sure but my pet shop literally only had like one type which I’ve attached to the back of my tank
I guess I’m hoping for some pictures for inspiration and ideas on how others have decorated their tanks

Yes that’s for sure but my pet shop literally only had like one type which I’ve attached to the back of my tank
I guess I’m hoping for some pictures for inspiration and ideas on how others have decorated their tanks
I can’t help sorry, I use butchers paper and cat litter trays:D

Bunnings and places like Spotlight (arts and crafts etc) have a far better/cheaper selection than what you would find in a petshop.

You need to search for fake plants in many different places.$2 shops, Ebay.,markets etc. (reptile shops are very exy) and use your imagination, all sorts of things are possible

View media item 721
Here’s my tank i setup up for a baby bredli python, not sure what else to do but i'm not too happy with the end results any help with making it look a little better would be appreciated.

A pet shop is absolutely the last place I’d go shopping for artificial plants. It’s a major industry these days, providing shopping malls and offices and homes etc. You’d be amazed at the range that is available and just how realistic they can be. I grow plants as a hobby, so I know my stuff, yet I have had to check twice with some of the artificial plants I've come across because they are so life-like. Try googling “best artificial plants + your location” and you'll have lots of good plants to choose from.

These are images I collected from the net for my own inspiration, should my circumstances change and allow me to keep again:
upload_2020-9-3_20-27-29.png

upload_2020-9-3_20-30-35.png

upload_2020-9-3_20-33-23.png

upload_2020-9-3_20-25-28.png

Last edited:
A pet shop is absolutely the last place I’d go shopping for artificial plants. It’s a major industry these days, providing shopping malls and offices and homes etc. You’d be amazed at the range that is available and just how realistic they can be. I grow plants as a hobby, so I know my stuff, yet I have had to check twice with some of the artificial plants I've come across because they are so life-like. Try googling “best artificial plants + your location” and you'll have lots of good plants to choose from.

These are images I collected from the net for my own inspiration, should my circumstances change and allow me to keep again:
View attachment 329884

View attachment 329885

View attachment 329886

View attachment 329883

Wow those setups are beautiful, thanks for sending them!
I’ve got some fake plants on the way and now I just need to find some more suitable logs / sticks and I’ll be set

You are right, unfortunatelly, with artificial plants you will never be pleased by new leafs, new flowers...

Latest posts

Back