Super jag?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes its leucistic and always lethal, usually in the late stage of development or shortly after hatching

Yes and yes, most die in the egg and very few hatch and fewer live for long at all out of the egg. Roughly 25% of the offspring from a jagxjag will be leucistic/super

the weirdest part is some of them look fairly "healthy" and then poof theyre dead the next day

the weirdest part is some of them look fairly "healthy" and then poof theyre dead the next day

yup its weird ive had a few hatch that look perfectly healthly moving around etc next day dead as a doornail

yup its weird ive had a few hatch that look perfectly healthly moving around etc next day dead as a doornail

Did you do any form of autopsy on the initially healthy appearing offspring? Did they have poorly/not fully formed internal organs?

Well thanks guys, I just wanted to clear that up. I will definitely not be producing super jags, or any jags for that matter, I hate the jag gene.

The weirdest abomination I’ve seen was by larks where the head formed 1/3rd of the waycdown the body and was moving around

The weirdest abomination I’ve seen was by larks where the head formed 1/3rd of the waycdown the body and was moving around

How peculiar. Not your typical deformity haha. What interests me about this particular lethal gene is how variable the super-form is in regards to development and dying either before or after hatching.

Photo credit deb/Wayne larks

Edit: not a super jag

DA26F4C5-7A13-485F-A38C-2025BD68CC7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Photo credit deb/Wayne larks

da26f4c5-7a13-485f-a38c-2025bd68cc7e-jpeg.329905
Why would you even produce a super jag if you know that it's going to die or end up like that?!

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back