Baby Snake Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star465

Reaction score
Hi, how small of an opening could a baby snake fit though? Could it fit though a 1mm or 2mm hole?

Depends on the type of baby snake. Sometimes yes, generally no. Babies of very small species will certainly be able to, while species with large babies, such as Black-headed Pythons or Olive Pythons definitely won't be able to (as long as it's definitely only 1-2mm).

Depends on the type of baby snake. Sometimes yes, generally no. Babies of very small species will certainly be able to, while species with large babies, such as Black-headed Pythons or Olive Pythons definitely won't be able to (as long as it's definitely only 1-2mm).
I am actually not sure what type of snake it was, although we see lots of copperheads, rat snakes, and water moccasins. It was not one of mine. I noticed it under my daughters bed peeping out of the baseboard. We have lots of geckos, so I am thinking it may not have been a snake since the opening is so tight.

I assume you are actually talking about a gap, rather than a hole. 1 to 2 mm is a miniscule gap. It sounds more likely to be a baby gecko if that measurement is accurate. A snake would likely have flicked out it tongue and you would have seen the fork in it. Try lightly dusting the area with talcum powder or flour and leave at least overnight. You will be able to tell from the tracks which it is.

Latest posts

Back