Video Upload

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Having a rather slow dial up connection and having tried to upload a video to the gallery tonight brings up a couple of ? from me.
Is it possible some way to check on the progress during an upload? Something like those little bar meters that show what percentage of the file has been uploaded?
Also after waiting ages and ages for the clip to upload when I played it only half of it was there, anyone got any ideas what I did wrong? It left off my missus comment which was what made the clip so funny, now it is there but just has me handling my snake and It has lost all it's impact :(

:)

:cry: Tough luck, Africa old son. Ah! The joys of modem Internet - not! It can be painful when uploading a large file by modem.

The only suggestion I can make is to watch the lights on your modem. Ifthe Transmit Data light is blinking quickly, then the upload is still happening.

Sometimes there can be a lengthy pause during the upload process. Did you click "Close" on the upload window? Maybe there was a pause during the upload process and you terminated it prematurely by closing the upload window too soon.

In any case - nice looking snake! :eek:

Look at the blue progress bar situated on that status bar of internet explorer. It's the same bar you see when you are uploading a webpage.

There is no blue bar in the upload window though, anyway thank you gentlemen for your suggestions :) Oh yeah, sorry lusty no lights either, internal laptop modem :(

Average 56k connection upload or d/l's 12-15 MB and hour pretty well the same for a 33, so if you dial in and set it to upload just leave it going for a few hours to make sure its done,
just leave it going while you surf, post or chat for a few hours on line.
how big is the file BTW and what format is it
?

OZ

There is no good reason it should take longer than 1 hour at the most even while surfing at the same time, unless there is a bottleneck to the folder on the server your sending to.
3h is way to long infact if you werent surfing you should be able to upload that file 10X in that time.

:?: :?:

OZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back