Baby Bearded Dragon problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus21

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a baby eastern bearded dragon with a strange problem. Yesterday it had blood around its left eye, i cleaned this up and saw no sign of physical injury. A few months ago something similar happened where i noticed a small amount of blood on the side of the cage as though it had spurted a little, he then had a little bit of dried blood around his eye and after cleaning him up there was no sign of physical injury. My mother thinks there is a little bit of sweeling between the nostril and the eye but i cant see any difference between the 2 eyes. Does anybody know what could be the problem? I am finding this very strange and have no idea what is happening.

thanx

When you clean him up do it with saline solution (the stuff people use to clean contact lenses) because it will help stop infection. Also if he does have an open wound of some sort then make sure he is on a substrate such as paper towel becuase you dont want sand getting into the injury as it may become infected.
Is there only the one bearded dragonor is there more than one. In one dragon climbs over another the dragon could get a claw scratch or he could get bitten by the other one.
Is his sight good? Does he react if you move your finger around infront of his eye?
Good luck with him.

Thanx for the replies. His eye started bleeding a little again just after i posted the last message. He doesn't have any wound at all and he is on breeders choice cat litter (recycled paper). His cage mate is an eastern water dragon that is just a bit bigger than him and he does not do anything to the bearded dragon. His sight is fine and his eye seems to working fine aswell.

thanx

morpheus21 said:
Thanx for the replies. His eye started bleeding a little again just after i posted the last message. He doesn't have any wound at all and he is on breeders choice cat litter (recycled paper). His cage mate is an eastern water dragon that is just a bit bigger than him and he does not do anything to the bearded dragon. His sight is fine and his eye seems to working fine aswell.

thanx

Although it is great to recieve advice online, nothing beats a veterinarian, like no-one said take it to a vet. If your pet dog was doing the same thing most people would be straight there. Also it is not possible to watch 2 dragons 24 hours a day and until the baby is an adult I wouldn't trust a water dragon living with it (had experience in this area and most of the time either/or ends up distressed or deceased). The baby could have internal bleeding/swelling to its brain and there is no way to tell unless you have him properly examined.
just my 2 cents
meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back