Odd shaped Bluetongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
I few months ago i got 2 baby blueys from NPWS through their reptile ballot. since then one of them has had a weird body shape as in his spine is more like a rollercoaster. I'm probable gonna take him/her to the vet but just wondering if anyone else oas heard of this happening.

I'll try and post a pic if i can scam a digital camera.

It could be a calcium defiency problem relating to bone growth problems...

Well if they were seized obviously they wernt being kept in good conditions (or were kept illegally). So if they were being neglected the "owners" were probably not dusting food items with calcium supplement and maybe no uv light.

I aint no lizard expert but isnt it at young age they can get calcium diffenciancy if these two components arent met?

don't worry about a thing... i have a bluey has has the exact same problem as your saying hawkeye. i was told that it is from being kept in an enclosure and trying to crawl up the walls. and this was a result

saikrett said:
i found a pic on the net which looks about the same, it says that it is ether a traumer incident or calcium difficency. I might try and contact NWPS and see if they can tell me where they got the blueys from and why they were seized

pic at
http://www.anapsid.org/images/torquedbts.jpg

They were seized due to being sold illegally through a pet shop, considering the husbandry skills of the owner is not surprising that some of the animals had problems as he would buy off anyone straight off the street.
Due to the conditions that went with obtaining the animals, I don't think they will tell you much, better off going to your local vet. Have seen animals born with the problem, they usually cope okay, just make sure that he/she has a good diet and you get it out into the sun as much as possible.

my bluey looks like that exept not as bad and it drops off at the base of the tail, i hav always wondered wat it was and i couldnt hav been calcium defincies so that must be it, i hav heard that wen they get older this might be outgrown.

i got a bluey with a mongo back i found him in a cats mouth now he cant walk proply and i have to hand feed him poor thing.
least he dont bit i spose.

yeah i have noticed that this thing is getting better with age, it is nearly all gone but a few months ago it stuck out like doggs ball$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back