Gippslands have laid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglesrus

Reaction score
It is a month later than last year but my Gippsland water dragons have started to lay.
First clutch arrived Sunday.
Other to female are currently scratching.

Jeez, all this hatching and laying Darin, you must need to be on valium at this time of year. lol.

congratulations ....post some pics. interested in seeing them... are you going to sell them and for how much and where are you located.... keep in touch.... you can email me at [email protected] cheers.

junglesrus said:
It is a month later than last year but my Gippsland water dragons have started to lay.
First clutch arrived Sunday.
Other to female are currently scratching.

congrats D (and for the other 17 tonight), maccie wilma ate 3 rat pups after laying the eggs today, very sad taking them off her, you were right, she searched for a while but is quite content now.
meg

Just curious meg, did you put her back in the same cage she layed in?

NoOne said:
Just curious meg, did you put her back in the same cage she layed in?

Yep......she settled down pretty quickly and had a few rat pups, doesn't seem phased at all. Have all my macs in banks and they basically have their own enclosure and I moved a few males around. She layed in her container and am going to replace the substrate in that with something bit more permanent as she has taken a liking to it.
meg

I put my females into a different cage after they lay, normally i just move a male. I also have food thawed and ready so as soon as they are off the eggs the get a feed, even before the eggs are in the incubator.
They will search for the eggs if they can smell them. I find if i move them into another cage or clean theirs they don't search at all.

Thats why i asked i thought you may have moved her and she still searched.

Sometimes it seems they are glad to be off the eggs, they feed so ferociously. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back