Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carly689

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

what size would you expect a 9 month old coastal to be, just wondering cos this is my first and I dont know how quickly I should expect her to grow. Also what size/age do these titles match such as juvenile, sub adult and adult.

Thanks for all your help

Carly

hey carly ive got a 6 month old an he is 60cm in length not sure how long a 9 month old would be but id say between 80cm and 100cm but thats just a guess!!!
i think it goes juvi 2-11 months yearling 12-24months sub adult 24-36 months and then adult but once again im not to sure im sure one of the other more experienced member will be able to give more reilable info.

cheers frodo

Neonate (just hatched - 1st shed at 10 days)
Hatchling (after 1st shed - 3 months)
Juvenile(3 months - 11 months)
Yearling (12 - 24 months)
Sub adult (24 - 36 months)
Adult (3 years &/or breedable)

Thats my opinion anyways...

my hypomelanistic coastal carpet is about 6 months old and at last measuring day being 28-9-03 it was 56cm, and the rest im not really sure on.

Thanks for the reply's last measurement was about a month ago and was almost 80cm. Is measuring the shed skin accurate it seems bigger than the snake.

Thanks again

Carly

i think its 20% bigger due to the stretching of the skin during the shed

yep, monty's shed was about a foot longer than him too! I measured him on the swingset when he was fully stretched out then remeasured the swingset! :D

My Mac is 2.3mtrs.But that is only cause I power feed...

Mine is 3YO and only 7cm, but I only feed twice a year....

I got a costal 9mths old 30 inches or 76cms
ajler

I feel better now it seems as though my coastal is similar in size to those of you that have replied thanks

its not the size of the boat its the motion in the ocean!!

A mac is a type of raincoat.
Oh, and is also the short name for the Eastern spotted python Antaresia maculosa , one of the smaller Australian pythons and generally considered a good beginners python.

And is anyone going to provide a sensible answer to the size of a mac question? My guess is it should be about 70 cm long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back