Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+Gecko~Gaze+

Reaction score
Hey all. I am wanting to start a Herp Collection consisting of the following.

Geckoes

Monitors

Pythons

I only have a Coastal Carpet hatchlie who is very snappy, so I dont have experience with other reptiles. What species do you think are best?

P.S I dont mind getting snappy snakes...^^ Im getting used to the pain :lol:

Any help is much appreciated! :D

yeah me 2 is he a hatchling or a juvi?? when did you get him? got mine about a month ago from URS hes 6 months old and hasnt lookied like bitting i wanted a hatchling but they didnt have any available at that stage!!!

Err...bout 3 or 4 months ago...He'll grow out of this snappy thing. I enjoy showing my friends all my snakebites all over my hands and fingers....:D:LOL

i think you will have to be more specific with what you want, for example, you say you want pythons... do u want large, small, aggressive, placid and price range etc
i could say:
gecko:NFI
monitor:Varanus giganteus
python: green tree python

but these i think would be way out of your league, although i could be wrong. :p

Yeah GTP WAAAAY outta there. Lol:D...Sorry, I will be more specific next time :).
With the pythons under $400 each, large. Geckoes under $200 each dont mind on size. Monitors under $500...There is only 4 I can own but I think Ill go for an Ackie or Sand monitor. Was going to get peoples opinion on the two before hand though.

i got my coastal juvie from URS a few months ago too. He is snappy but once you handle him for the first 30 seconds or so he is fine.

Also go for ackies first- sand monitors can get very big and in some cases agggressive especially during feeding. A bite would probably need stitches or some sort of treatment

Yeah, thats the same with mine. When he is out he is fine but Snappy in his enclosure...It must be a male thing :D

What are you people doing to your coastals....mine were better handlers as hatchies than they are now......wouldnt bite etc....only now if they smell rat its tag on!

:p

cheers
Pom

You could look at Murray Darlings (or inland pythons) , Centralian (or Bredlis), Proserpines and Darwins.
In fact all the carpet pythons are pretty good for beginners.

hey gg, mabey u should sort of bakaway from the gouldis for a while, start off the monitors with small easy to care for species- ackies, pygmy mulgas ect.

:) Brendan :)

Bitten by juvi carpets LOL thats not a bite, wait till the buggers 8ft long thats a bite. :lol:

try starting with the easier herp, any of the velvet geckos( tryoni,caslelnaui,filicipoda,marmorata) these easy to keep and cost between $90-$250 depending who you buy them from. Varanids go for acanthurus or storri, pythons childreni other carpets. there is a great range to choose from it is what you like I guess

Hi

I got my juvi coastal from URS and it has never ever bitten me or wanted to.

Carly

my juvi coastal has its moments .... just when you think the biting stage is over WHAMMO hes got you again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back