? for ad regarding gravid anglehead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivaceus71

Reaction score
Hey Ad
know you have bred boyds, have you also bred angleheads. One of my
girls is gravid and just wondering if you could share temps for incubation etc.
cheers
meg

Hi Meg,
I have kept angle heads though never bred them, I kept them under the same conditions as the Boyds, but the Boyds handle a little more heat.
I am no expert as this is my first clutch, though Tim at URS (and I very much appreciated his input) told me he incubates at 27 degrees.
Tim also told me that a cooler temp brings the eggs on slower to hatching and at 30c they start tail kinking the hatchlings.
Tim's temps seemed hotter to me than what I thought, I had in my mind 22-24, so I dont know if ive read that re angle heads. Please check with someone who does know for certain.
I have them incubating in the laundry cupboard, which is pretty bizarre but it is the coolest place I have and is in the exact zone temp wise. I have them in vermiculite in a chinese container inside a styrofoam esky.
As this is my first clutch I cannot really give advice apart from what I hope will be a successful outcome and how I'm going about achieving that. Please get the advice of someone who has been doing it successfully for years and I hope it is similar to what Ive just written.
All the best with the angle heads, I'll let you know how my boyds go (10 days in and all ok).
Cheers
Ad.
also, one thing that did surprize me was how she defended the nest, she is normally extremely docile but she was very aggressive for a long time, on guard over her nest. I don't know if any other lizards are like this or not. I assumed they laid them and forgot them.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

The guy I got my angle heads off (in sydeny) incubates his inside a take away container inside a foam esky in his loungeroom. Not sure of temps cause he didn't tell me. I think the main thing is to avoid too much fluctuation in the temperatures and also not let them get too hot. He seems to have really good success, he had about 20 hatchies when I saw them and all 3 of mine have survived so far. I can pm you his details if you are interested in talking to him.
Cheers
Craig
PS sorry for butting in.

How difficult are boyds to keep... im considering them after the childrens python, diamond python, more beardies, green tree frogs, frillies and then perhaps!!!

Boyd's are a bit more specialized than your average lizard because they don't bask and they thrive on humidity but still once their tank is set up correctly they are basic.
they are very hardy once past hatchlings and they are very docile to handle.
Awesome to look at and great interactions between the two. (head bobbing, throat puffing).

I ahve breed spinipes for the last 4 years all I do is put them inmoist vermiculite and sit them on the book shelf usually theu take between 65-75 days to hatch I live in brisbane so it depends on where you live, keep the eggs about 25 degrees and they should be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back